[Home-on-the-Range] Update on SB 276 Blind parents Wrightsville

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 26 02:58:57 UTC 2022

Good evening in Kansas Federation family and friends,

First, I wish to offer my sincerest heartfelt thanks to everyone who made contact with the members of the Senate public health and welfare committee to make the call for a hearing on this very important bill. It seems we now have the attention of committee chairman Hilderbrand. As of now, the bill will not be scheduled for hearing this week due to I have very high interest hearing on senate bill 381 which pertains to off label prescriptions for drugs that may hold promise in treating Covid infected patients. The hearing on SV3 81 began today and will go into tomorrow and possibly Thursday due to the number of conferees, of which there were so many that the meeting had to be moved to a larger room.

That said, we may have to re-assert our call for a hearing on SB 276 in order not to be drowned out by other squeaky wheels in the legislative process. I will continue to keep you posted as developments warrant.

Mainwhile, enjoy your evening, be well and be warm.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net