[Home-on-the-Range] DOJ investigation re. balloting problems in Kansas

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 28 14:27:39 UTC 2022

Greetings Kansas Federation family,

You no doubt recall the historic 2020 election cycle during which an unprecedented number of people voted by absentee ballot due to limited activity because of COVID-19. These unfortunate circumstances brought to light the end ability as blind persons to vote excessively by secret ballot. Thus, both the state and three National levels of this organization past resolutions calling for accessible voting for absentee ballots as they are for on-site voting at local voting precincts. We also requested an investigation by the US department of justice concerning these problems.

At long last, we can finally announce that the civil rights division of DOJ has launched an official investigation of accessible balloting problems that occurred during the 2020 election cycle.  However, we need individuals who voted via absentee ballot to step forward and file an official complaint with DOJ. If you voted via absentee ballot at any phase of the 2020 election cycle, e.g., The presidential preference primary, the statewide primary election, or the November general election, then you are a suitable candidate to report that you were denied the opportunity to cast an independent secret ballot. If you wish to participate in this very important investigation, and we hope you do, please so notify Tom Page by email at
topage at swbell.net, or by text message to (316) 734-4839.

Unfortunately, we cannot undo the wrong that was done during 2020. However, it is entirely possible that the pressure of a federal investigation could motivate state election officials and the Kansas legislature to enact desired measures to enable remote accessible voting.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net

Always awakened, never woke