[Home-on-the-Range] FW: Starting this Wednesday: Exploring JAWS (a 12-week workshop)

pilgrim5 at cox.net pilgrim5 at cox.net
Wed Jan 4 14:48:27 UTC 2023

From: 'Chancey Fleet' via Technology Programs at Andrew Heiskell Braille & Talking Book Library <HeiskellTech at googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2023 10:01 AM
To: heiskelltech at googlegroups.com; new-york-news at nfbnet.org
Subject: Starting this Wednesday: Exploring JAWS (a 12-week workshop)

Wednesdays beginning January 4, 4:30 to 6:30 PM Eastern

Gain confidence in using Windows with the JAWS Screen Reader. Learn to customize settings, understand commands, get help, understand important Windows concepts, compose and edit text, browse the web and get help when you need it! Please plan to attend the majority of sessions in this series if you register: concepts will build from one week to the next.

This event will take place online.

Important notes: This workshop is open to anyone: feel free to share the invitation! We do not record workshops. We'll meet each Wednesday at 4:30 PM Eastern. After the first week, our first half hour will be an optional recap of concepts we've already covered, and we'll start new content at 5 PM Eastern.

Please join us if you can on Wednesday January 4. However, registration will stay open until the close of the second class on Wednesday January 11.

Meeting Registration - Zoom <https://nypl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEkf-ippjgqHNF9uwm0j5-glqyDLE-UouEH>

--

Chancey S. Fleet

Assistive Technology Coordinator

Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library

(212) 621-0627