[Home-on-the-Range] Free Individual Technology Training Sessions in Wichita

Mika Pyyhkala Mika.Pyyhkala at envisionus.com
Tue Nov 7 20:33:53 UTC 2023

As a follow up to information we presented at the convention, I wanted to share details and logistics on the free individual training made possible through Envision's ARPA grant funding.

Here is the information in a question and answer format:

Q: What topic areas are available for training?
A: This training program can be used for just about any assistive technology, mainstream technology, or job readiness training of interest to a participant. Examples of training include:

  *   Learning keyboarding and typing skills;
  *   Learning how to use screen readers like JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver for iPhone iPad or Mac;
  *   Learning how to use a mobile phone such as the BlindShell 2;
  *   Learning how to navigate in Windows or Mac OS and use common operating system functions;
  *   Learning how to use the Microsoft Office suite or the Google suite or the Mac suite of productivity software. Including Gmail, Outlook mail, etc.'
  *   Learning how to use any number of iPhone apps from Seeing AI, to the new Be My Eyes AI picture recognition, to Uber, to the home automation Homekit services;
  *   Learning how to use smart speakers such as Amazon Echo Alexa, Google Home, or Apple HomePod;
  *   Learning how to use reading services such as BARD, NFB NewsLine, Bookshare, Audible, or other streaming services;
  *   Learning how to setup or update your LinkedIn profile including obtaining an updated photo.

These are just examples of the types of available training, but other topic areas are also available.

Q: What is the format of the training?