[Home-on-the-Range] NFBKS state convention

donnajwood at cox.net donnajwood at cox.net
Mon Oct 23 00:56:28 UTC 2023

Hello Fellow Federationists and Friends,

The NFB of Kansas is pleased and excited to welcome as our National Rep
President Mark Riccobono.  We have a full and informative convention weekend
planned.  We are looking forward to President Riccobono's guidance and
leadership at the up coming convention on November 3-5, 2023 at the Holiday
Inn Wichita East I35 at 549 S. Rock Road Wichita, KS 67207

You will find below an agenda for all of the activities for the weekend.
Also below is a registration form.

Come and help us warmly welcome President Mark Riccobono to the NFBKS state
convention!

Donna J. Wood 2nd Vice-President

And State Convention Chair

National Federation of the Blind

Of Kansas

(316) 640-0650

donnajwood at cox.net <mailto:donnajwood at cox.net>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free.
gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avast.com

The National Federation of the Blind

Of Kansas

55th Annual State Convention

Agenda

November 3-5, 2023

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

INFORMED CHOICE

Friday, November 3, 2023

(Senior Workshop South Ballroom)

8:00 AM- Registration (Lobby)

9:00 AM- Welcome from President Tom Page and Dianne Hemphill

9:15 AM- First introduction to skills rotation

10:05 AM- Second introduction to skills rotation

10:55 AM- Third introduction to skills rotation

11:35 AM- Ideas for eating in public, Peggy Chong (Center Ballroom)

Noon-Lunch (Center Ballroom)

12:40 PM- Ideas for adjusting to vision loss as a senior, Curtis Chong

1:00 PM- Fourth introduction to skills rotation

1:50PM- Fifth introduction to skills rotation

2:30 PM- Attendees choice, additional help at the work stations

3:15 PM- Second attendees' choice at work stations

3:45 PM-Wrap up

5:00 PM- Registration (Lobby)

5:00-7:00 PM- Hospitality (Center Ballroom)

5:00-10:00 PM- Vendors Hall (North Ballroom)

7:00 PM- Resolutions, Rob Tabor Chair (South Ballroom)

9:00 PM- Nominating Committee, Donna Wood Chair (South Ballroom)

Saturday, November 4, 2023

(General Session South Ballroom)

8:00 AM- Registration (Lobby)

9:00 AM- Invocation,NFB Pledge, Welcome from mayor's office and Opening
remarks

9:15 AM- National Report, National Rep., President Mark Riccobono

10:00 AM- State Report, State President Tom Page

10:45 AM- Mary Ware, Kansas State Senator District 25

11:00 AM- Rob Tabor, Legislative Update

11:15 AM-- Participation in State Committees, Rob Tabor and Tom Page

11:25 AM- Hannah Christenson, Director of Community Programs, Envision

11:40 AM- Martha Kehr, Communications and Listener Services Coordinator,
Kansas Audio Reader

11:55 AM- Nominating Committee Report, Donna Wood Chair

12:00 PM-Lunch (Center Ballroom)

12:00 PM-Senior Division Luncheon and Business Meeting (Birch Room)

1:15 PM- Michael Lang, Director, Kansas Talking Books

1:30 PM- Jon Harding, Kansas State School for the Blind

1:45 PM- Dan Decker, Director, Kansas Rehabilitation Services

2:00 PM- Panel: Rehabilitation options Lauren Bush, Rowan Garel, Michael
Nava, Curtis Chong

2:40 PM-- Lorita Williams-Murphy, Chapter Fundraising

2:45 PM- Break

3:00 PM- Resolutions Committee Report, Rob Tabor Chair

3:15 PM- Mike Burgess, Disability Rights Center of Kansas

3:30 PM- Emily Schlenker, Student Self Advocacy

3:45 PM- Dr. Susan King, Kansas University School of Pharmacology

4:00 PM- Kim Moore, Executive Director Workforce professional and community
and education, WSU

4:15 PM- John Jones, Executive Director, Media Resources Center, WSU

4:30 PM- Patty Chang, Dream Maker's Circle

4:35 PM- Curtis Chong and Dianne Hemphill, What Does Independence Look Like
For Seniors

4:45 PM- Peggy Chong, The Blind History Lady

5:00 PM-Adjourn

Saturday Evening, November 4, 2023

(North Ballroom)

6:00 PM- Happy Hour (cash bar)

7:00 PM-Invocation, Banquet, Keynote Address and Special events

9:00 PM- Charley Wilks Solo Musician

10:00 PM- South-Central Fund Raiser, ($5 to perform a karaoke and $1 to play
favorite songs)

Sunday, November 5, 2023

(General Session South Ballroom)

7:00 AM- NFBKS in Communities of Faith Breakfast and business meeting (Grove
Room in Restaurant)

9:00 AM-Invocation and Opening of Business Meeting

Noon-Adjourn

Vendors

NanoPac, Inc.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Envision, Inc.

Kansas Specialty Dog School (KSDS) Assistance Dog, Inc.

T-Mobile

Guiding Paws

Newsline

Lutheran Braille Services

Independent Living Resource Center

Audio Reader

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

Registration for the NFB of Kansas 55th Annual State Convention

November 3-5, 2023

Holiday Inn Wichita East I35,

Please send registration form and payment to Robert Fuller at 1120 Randall
Rd. Lawrence, KS 66049 or paypal to  <mailto:treasurer at nfbks.org>
treasurer at nfbks.org and go to the Friends and Family button.   Please make
checks payable to the National Federation of the Blind of Kansas.

If you are registering multiple attendees, please include all names of those
you are registering.

Name(s):________________________________________________________________

Pre-registration:  $5.00 ___=_____ Registration at the door:  $10.00

Luncheon: $20.00 ___=_____ Banquet: $30.00 __=____ Vegetarian Meal? #_____

The convention will be held at Holiday Inn Wichita East I35

At549  S. Rock Road, Wichita, KS 67207 telephone (316) 686-7131. Room rates
are $125 per night (includes breakfast). Please come and join our 55th
annual state convention!

Live The Life You Want!