[Home-on-the-Range] Round 1 well done!

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 16 19:03:45 UTC 2024

Good afternoon, KS colleaargues andcohortbbts,

We had a very promising day at the Capitol at the hearing before the Senateutilities committee on SB  284. According to Sen. Marci Francisco (D-Lawrence), there were 19 written proponent testimonies. Oral testimonies were given by Sen. Mary Ware, Tom Page, and myself. Senator Ware became tearful whenshetoldof hermother  accessto news andinformationbbcame quite limited when she  experienced vision loss.

I would like to express my deepest thanks to all of y ou who submitted testimonies and to all who provided assistance to those who needed help with submissions. BTW, there′ were no opponents, which is always a positive sign.

Rest assured, I'll be closely tracking the bill throughout the legislative process and will keep youapprised of new developments. Meanwhile, spring is coming next week, so enjoy.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president / legislative director National Federation of the Blind of Kansas
ph: (785) 865-9959
rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net