[Home-on-the-Range] Still time to contact your senator on blind information access act (SB284)

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 20 22:52:20 UTC 2024

Good afternoon Federation advocates,

Today, the Kansas Senate met for approximately an hour, and passed a few bills, but did not get around to SB 284, do enlarge part to ceremonial activities in which several groups were recognized for various causes and projects. The bad news is that they did not get around to our bill. But the good news is that there is still time to contact your senator and ask for his or her yes vote on the bill.

those of you in the North Central chapter are represented by Senator JR Claeys who can be contacted by email at jrclaeys at senate.ks.gov

We Jayhawk chapter members are represented by Marci Francisco, whose email is marci.francisco at senate.ks.gov

As you probably know, the Wichita and Casey Metro areas are covered by several geographically defined legislative districts, which means you will need to consult with the webpage at https://openstates.org

To locate the senator in your district. Be sure to let your senator know that you live in his or her district and tell them why Newsline is important to you.

I will continue to monitor the bill and to send you progress reports. In the meantime, happy emailing.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
 (785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net