[humanser] A question for the group

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 22 20:06:45 UTC 2009

Hi All:

I've been waiting a long time for a call to jury duty with no letter.  In
Florida the jury rolls are determined by driver licenses, so it makes me
wonder if my non-driver license may not find it's way into the selection
box.  Like Melissa I've known blind friends who have serve.

Pictures play only a small part in the vast majority of cases.  And, blind
jurors don't fall into the trap of the defendant who looks guilty.
Listening is the biggest skill for jurors and I can say with some pride that
many blind folks can give the light dependent a run for their money on
listening skills.

JD Townsend, LCSW
Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth, Sol System