[humanser] a social work degree

Kate Thegreat shamaniclivin1281 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:25:56 UTC 2009

I've been considering doing rehab for the blind/VI or else doing work for a school system as a TVI (teacher for the visually impaired).

at this point I'm almost leaning a bit more towards the TVI option.

Would a masers in social work benefit me if I were to be a teacher or would I just have to do extra schooling at that point because of being certified in both things?

I hear rehab includes quite a bit of paper pushing alongside the work with clients, is there as much or more of that with TVI positions? I realize with any human services there's likely going to be a lot of documentation and all sorts of other things, but I thought I'd ask. What percentage of these two job catagories is paperwork vs. people oriented?

Thanks

Kate