[humanser] SPMI

Mary Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Sun Nov 15 21:45:58 UTC 2009

Leslie,
Thanks for the feedback I currently work with severe psychopathology where I
am employed on a general psychiatric inpatient unit. Plenty of aggressive,
volatile, psychotic patients, no issues over the past 14 months that I have
been there. In fact, a nurse with 20/20 vision was punched in the face by a
psychotic male patient. Maybe I was simply fortunate but, I had had sessions
with the particular patient on multiple occasions, and, due to my common
sense practices and training, I never was threatened or felt that I was in
danger. I recognize that work in mental health may place one in vulnerable
situations; however, I recognize my role in de-escalation, safe practices,
and general interaction. I genuinely appreciate your feedback
Mary