[humanser] Free education for all disable persons in Ghana

julius braimah julius.vision at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 01:09:13 UTC 2009

Hi Friends,

I am very much greatful to bring this information to your notice.
As a computer instructor for the visually impaired students of
university of Cape Coast Ghana. This policy will help most of my
students who come from a poor families to have equall access to
education.

The Network of Journalists for the Promotion of the Rights of Persons
with Disabilities in Africa-Ghana Chapter, (PROMOAFRICA) greatly
commends H.E President John Evans Atta Mills and the NDC government
for giving issues concerning persons with disabilities a priority.

Yesterday the Minister of Finance and Economic Planning Hon. Dr.
Kwabena Duffour announced in parliament that the government is going
to give all children with disabilities in school going age free
education and they (the government) has made provision to that effect
in the 2010 national budget.

This, according to our network members all over Africa, the
intervention of the government to give free education to children with
disabilities is the first in the history of Africa.

It will recall that President Mills is the first African President to
have a face to face meeting with persons with disabilities in his
country and also the urgency he demonstrated in the establishment of
the National Council of Persons with Disabilities has shown his Love
and Care he promised PWDs during the 2008 electioneering campaign in
Ghana.

We welcome this social intervention program by government and we
pledge our continuous support for this great innovation and assure the
government of our full support for its successful implementation to
the benefit of persons with disabilities in Ghana.
For more information contact me on this network.

--
<Julius Kwasi Braimah>
<Adaptive Computer Instructor>