[humanser] Possible New List

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Wed Oct 14 03:39:21 UTC 2009

I didn't see or know of that broadcast, but if there's a link to it
online, I might want to listen.  I do recall meeting an albino many
years ago that was at least briefly in the Federation, but I don't
know what became of her.  Her name was Jennifer Calvert, and last I
knew, she was in Peioria, Illinois.  (I believe you are still in
Illinois as well, though I sure could be wrong about that.)  I'd be
curious where she went actually.

Btw, you ask for replies by October 11, but for some reason, your
message only hit this list on October 13. :)

I hope you're doing ok.  I remember you also, assuming you're the same
Connie Davis I knew in the 80's.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 09:54:15PM -0500, Connie J. Davis wrote:
> I don't know how many of you saw ABC's 20/20 a couple Friday nights ago,
> about albinism.  The situation is Tanzania is very tragic and made me
> glad I live in the United States.  It also made me think that we need to
> do more to raise public awareness about albinism.  To that end I would
> like to see if there is enough interest among NFB members, who are
> albino, to start our list-serv.
> If you are interested, please e-mail me at
> <mailto:condav8950 at att.net>condav8950 at att.net.  Please let me know by
> Monday, October 11.  I will let David Andrews know.  Of course, anyone is
> welcome who has an interest in discussing albinism, raising public
> awareness and educating people.  Who knows where this might lead?
> Thanks.
>

> Connie

SSB BART Group           doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"When your best-laid plans have turned to dust, vacuum!"
- Whoopi Goldberg