[humanser] jasws question

James Brown jbrown321 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 16:28:37 UTC 2010

Mary,

I'm assuming that there's not a link that says skip to main content on the
page in which you are working.  There are many ways to do this, and each
person has their own preference.  I'll give you my favorite.

When I have a place on the net where I go all the time, I use the jaws find
command.  Hit control F.  Type in a word that you know will always be before
where you want to start reading.

For example, say you are taking an online class and you want to get to your
calendar.  From your main page, hit control F, then type in the word
calendar, and hit enter.  it should place you on the calendar link where you
can press enter to go to the calendar.

After the page loads, hit F3 which will refresh the last search request.
The first time you hit F3 it will take you to the overall link to the
calendar.  The second time you hit F3 it will take you to the beginning of
your individual calendar where you can start reading the real info you are
trying to get to.

Good luck,
James