[humanser] Looking for an advice

Anna Giller anna.giller at oit.state.nj.us
Thu Mar 18 13:44:19 UTC 2010

JD thanks!

Anna

-----Original Message-----
From: humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of JD TOWNSEND
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:39 AM
To: Human Services Mailing List
Subject: Re: [humanser] Looking for an advice

Hi:

I am currently supervising two women for licensure as mental health
counselor or clinical social work who are over 65 years of age.  Some master

degree programs in my area are set up for working individuals with
evening/weekend classes or accelerated programs that require less time.

There are certainly other career choices available.  Case management
services for people with major mental illnesses, for those with
developmental disabilities, for seniors, for the blind are available without

more than a college degree in any area.

A degree in adjustment to blindness can be very rewarding, for this I would
investigate the Louisiana Tech program for it's excellence - I understand
that it is of a shorter duration.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

JD Townsend, LCSW
Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth, Sol System