[humanser] How to acquire info via touch in exercises?

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 04:49:33 UTC 2010

Hi guys, especially psychologists on here: When you have your patients do
exercises in which you get them to move their bodies (like in Gestalt's The
Statue or when you do the Gestalt technique to renact dreams) how do you ask
or how do you feel their bodies to make sure if they're doing the right
movements or their postures so you can reflect details you may perceive with
your touch that the patient might not notice? I wanted to make sure a
patient of mine had the posture she was describing during The Statue
exercise but was embarrased to ask ifI could feel, thus my question how have
you handled these situations in which you know that by feel you may get more
info yourself?
Gerardo