[humanser] About requiring visual assistance in movement groups?

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 05:55:51 UTC 2011

HI guys: In hopes of maintaining my well-being I'm always looking for groups
to join, thus finding one in which we get together to create conscious in
our movements. The group leader tells us what movements we'll be doing, thus
having someone in the group or the teacher guide me through these.
Everything seemed to be going fine until after 5 or six sessions the teacher
recommended I no longer go because she felt bad she couldn't give me the
attention desired in her or having to guide the whole group, or having to
guide me one on one. Now she gives me the option of taking along a family
member to guide me through the movements, but in my desire to begin being
myself I feel awkard bringing along a family member since I feel I loos the
spontanity I get when being alone with my classmates though the group is
open to whomever wants to go. Now my question what to do? Sacrifice my
independence and no longer go to the group? Talk to my family member and
tell him or her what to do and what not? For instance I decide (when paring
off in groups who to work with? Look for another group? I'm stuck because
for once I feel integrated in the group, thus my classmates don't mind
helping me out, but the teacher wants for me to bring along a family member
because in my classmates helping me out they don't get totake all the
movements have to offer! Ideas? Have you guys had to cope with this problem?
I want to understand the teacher's point of view, but at the same time have
resistance since I feel she doesn't believe in my abilities, or does she and
she wants for me to take the most out, thus any advice appreciated.

Gerardo