[humanser] Follow-up Research participation request

Ally Matt ally.matt0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 20:48:30 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I sent out an email 2 weeks ago asking for participants to help me complete
my dissertation study for my Ph.D. in counseling psychology. If you did
participate, I greatly appreciate it. If not, I just ask that you consider
participating. I have included the original email below which includes the
link to the online survey.

I am a doctoral student at Purdue University, and I am working on my
doctoral dissertation project under the direction of my advisor, Dr. Heather
Servaty-Seib (servaty at purdue.edu). My study is focused on gathering
information from people who have experienced a vision-related disability and
who are between the ages of 18 and 64 years of age. I hope to gather
information about the ways people with vision-related disabilities cope with
their disability and how these methods of coping may relate to  people's
ability to perform basic daily activities, sense of overall satisfaction
with their life, and interaction with the broader community.

            For the purposes of this study, I am looking for people that
have experienced significant vision-related disability. This means that you
have a vision-related disability that substantially limits one or more major
life activities including caring for yourself, performing manual tasks,
seeing, learning, reading, or working, that there is a record of your
vision-related disability, or other people perceive you as having a
vision-related disability.

If you would like to participate in this important work, please click on the
link below or paste the link into your web browser to be taken to the
survey. The survey will only take 20-30 minutes of your time, and you will
have the opportunity to enter a drawing for a $25 Audible.com gift card with
1 in 100 odds.

Survey link

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/vision-related-disability-survey

Thank you for considering participating in this study.

Allyson Matt

Doctoral student, Counseling psychology

Purdue University

ally.matt0 at gmail.com