[humanser] Employment

JMassay jmassay1 at cox.net
Sat Oct 15 17:48:42 UTC 2011

Hello all-

I recently got hired for my first job as an LPC under supervision. I
struggled for several months after I graduated in May of this year with my
Masters in counseling Psych. I eventually decided to go about looking into
finding agencies in a new way. I went to the CARF website and did a search
for agencies who were accredited in Mental Health . I sent a resume to each
agency in the city that I wanted to work in, even though many had not
advertised positions.  I ended up with about half of them contacting me for
interviews and I was able to choose an agency that fit well with me. Good
luck to all. Hope this helps.

Best,

Jeannie