[humanser] Accessible licensing material

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 3 14:23:58 UTC 2012

 Hi David & List:

There are many on-line sites for licensure study.  Most seem reasonably
accessible, but which is the best depends on the person's individual needs.
Many need test taking skills built up.  Some need basic clinical
information.  Others may need a combination.  One supervisee of mine is
using a service the personally mentors people toward successful test taking.
Some simply offer an overwhelming website of information, sites such as
these seem to have helped folks the least as they offer "over-kill" of
information.  Most of my supervisees have passed their exams on the first
try.  The one mentioned above has failed multiple times as his reading and
test taking skills are problematic.  The lack of confidence seems to be the
greatest problem.

All that said, some services guarantee passage while some make no claim at
all.  All cost a pretty penny.

The Florida State Board has a $40 review and practice test packet that has
been for several folks, the best prep tool.

Your question was, after all my rhetoric, on accessibility.  I've got no
answer for that one, but I would imagine that an experienced screen reader
user would be able to negotiate most on-line sites.  Or,, perhaps, some of
the review materials in book form might be available from BookShare or RFB -
RFB&D - or whatever their most recent name is.

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.
Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System