[humanser] Convention agenda for Dallas

rick Brown rlbrown1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 20 01:36:36 UTC 2012

Greetings Human Service Members,

The Human Service Board was discussing ideals and topics for the upcoming
convention, which is taking place in Dallas. We came up with different
topics to discuss, but would like your feedback about ideals for our
meeting. There are a couple things we are asking. One is if you are
attending the convention, please let us know ahead so we can figure how many
seats we need to ask for. And if you are attending the meeting, what topics
you might be interested in listening and participating in. We would like to
make this another great meeting. The topics we are thinking about are as
follows; 1) Adjustment to blindness (Have someone from an NFB Center speak).

2) Have someone speak about working with children. 3) Have someone from NASW
in Texas speak about different therapeutic models. 4) North Texas has a new
play therapy program (Perhaps someone from North Texas area that might know
someone. 5) Perhaps have a traumatologist speak. 6and 7 kind of go together)
How do we address blindness with our employers and how do we use the tools
of blindness in our work.

If some of these seem very interesting to you, please let us know, or if you
have any other ideals, once again, let us know. We will be discussing these
ideals at our next upcoming meetings. Thanks for your feedback!

Rick Brown

President of Human Services