[humanser] Introduction. Starting School to Obtain my MSW

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Sun Apr 21 18:10:08 UTC 2013

Hello. My name is Chasity Jackson. I am starting school in the Fall to obtain my MSW. I have been volunteering for two hospice agencies for a few years now. I decided that my calling is working with older people in the field of gerontology. I am going to school to ultimately work in that field, as a hospice social worker. I joined this list because I am interested in the discussion between people who are in the same field, or going to school to pursue their MSW and LCSW.

I am starting school in August. I am very fortunate that the nursing home for which I volunteer has encouraged me to do my practicum there. So I am one step ahead of the game in that regard.

I am interested in talking on and off list to other social workers and students who are obtaining their MSW to get a better feel of what other people's experiences have been, both as students and social workers. Look forward to getting into some discussion very soon.
Chasity Jackson