[humanser] Screen Access Software and Licensing Exam

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Tue Dec 17 14:44:54 UTC 2013

Hello Division members and those interested in the Human Services Division,

I am writing to let the membership know we have a great deal of work to do
in having accessible software for our examinations for licensing.  My
experience on December 12th was nothing short of a disaster.  Currently, I
am trying to work this out so I can take the exam again and hopefully be
successful in completion.  I am in contact with the NFB's legal department,
as well as the Goldstein firm.  I am in hopes to have some concrete answers
on how we will move forward on this in the near future.  I will keep you all
updated.

As one of our seasoned members said to me, all the apologies are great;
however, the situation of this is totally "unacceptable".  I agree and I am
addressing issues to ensure the process is smoother for myself and for those
who follow.  Thank you all for supporting and standing with me.  I felt like
you were all there while going through this experience.  I wore my most
comfortable cotton shirt that has the NFB logo and Human Services Division
embroidered on it.  Your powerful presence  assisted me to be calm and
represent us all!

Please share your experiences with our listserv so we know if anyone else is
experiencing difficulties.  I would also like to know of the successes of
your experiences so we may continue to address this most serious issue.

Peace to you all during this season of holiday spirit,

Merry

Merry C. Schoch, MSW ISW#6961

Professional Social Worker/Counselor

(813) 523-6573

Merryschoch at verizon.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.