[humanser] INTERNSHIPS

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 14 00:58:12 UTC 2013

I did my 2 years of field work or internship in Boston, a few years ago at
Boston University.  I found the public transportation met my needs.  I was
placed in Waltham at a mental health program for children and at a skilled
nursing facility in Boston.  Neither required me to travel;  but, I don't
feel that I had a stellar field experience.

Later working in New York City, the job involved many home visits and this
was a major factor in my learning curve.  People are quite different in
their home environments;  however my travel experiences were a challenge.

Now I am working in a hospital based psychiatric clinic and it is good.

JD