[humanser] Drivers license requirement for employment

Serena Cucco serena.c.cucco at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:59:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Alyssa, congrats on the interview!  Let us know how it goes.  You're
certainly lucky that you've got your awesome school internship
advisor.

In general, I wouldn't necessarily worry so much about the
Commission/rehab agency paying for technology or other accommodations,
unless the interviewer asks you.  First of all, with Jaws, at least,
assuming you've already got it at home, you can simply bring the CD to
your job/internship and install it yourself, assuming the company
permits it.  Second, although the Commission/rehab may play a
significant role, the focus should be on you and how you can do the
job.  Once you're hired, if you need a mobility teacher to orient you
to the building, then you'll have to mention this to your
employer/internship supervisor (at the internship site, not the one
through your college/university.)

Serena