[humanser] Announcement

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sat Apr 5 13:36:51 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce that I, along with Marion Gwizdala Co-Chair of the
Policy and Law Committee, will be meeting with representatives from the
Social Policy Institute of the National Association of  Social Workers on
April 9th.  I am very excited in regards to the positive encouragement we
received from NASW through our telephone conversation.  I am confident this
meeting will have a broad effect throughout the Human Services professions.

The organization is located in the American Psychological Association (APA)
building so I plan on popping in to introduce myself and leave information
regarding the NFB and the Human Services Division.  I am in  hopes of
creating positive and valuable relationships wile in the area.  I am still
gathering a census of individuals in the Social Work field or in school for
this profession so I may give NASW an estimated count of blind Social
Workers we have contact with.  If you have not written to me to add to our
numbers please do.  Thank you to all who have provided information from the
original message sent out from David Andrews.  Please feel free to share
this and any other messages to parties who may not be subscribed to these
lists.

Also, I would like input from individuals within the many different human
services professions with information/experiences so we may begin to address
them as we move forward in creating a paradigm shift throughout these most
valuable professions.

Please email me at:  merrys at verizon.net

Call in instructions will be posted to the Human Services list serv for our
next Board meeting being held on Monday, April 14th @ 8 p.m. EDT - this
meeting is open for  members and interested parties.  A report on
accomplishments will be provided and we will be discussing convention plans.

With sincere appreciation,

Merry C. Schoch

President

Human Services, a Division of the National Federation of the Blind

Merry C. Schoch, MSW ISW#6961

Professional Social Worker/Counselor

(813) 523-6573

Merryschoch at verizon.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.