[humanser] Introduction

Christine Hines crhines at optonline.net
Fri Apr 18 22:01:14 UTC 2014

Someone else made an introduction, so I thought I¹d go ahead an introduce
myself too <grin>. I just joined this list maybe a little more than a week
ago. I was actually on the list before, but dropped off.

So my name is Christine. I have an MSW but have not been employed for some
time. I have been volunteering on my county¹s human services advisory
council, so I¹m staying in the field that way. I also applied for
appointment on my state¹s independent living council. I am considering
taking up courses in Disability Studies in the near future. I do have usable
vision, but the struggles are no different than the rest of you surely
experience.

I had the pleasure of listening to the conference call the other
night‹everyone seems very nice and passionate about increasing opportunities
for professionals with disabilities; I share this passion. I was excited to
hear about Merry¹s meeting with NASW and am hopeful.

I admit I have not been active with NFB in a long time. Might be time I
changed that <grin>

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter/Passover to all.

Christine