[humanser] new volunteer opportunity could become paid!

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Wed Apr 23 15:16:16 UTC 2014

Ericka,

That sounds great!  I know in Massachusetts that social workers take some
kind of test that covers various subjects (English, math, etc).  That's on
top of the graduate social work classes.  Also I have heard one with some
experience may get in to a school without the testing.  Probably charter
schools don't require so much in the way of education.

 My VER would put no money in to grad school.  Based on my income, I got a
lot of Federal government aid. I did not use all the funding, so kept that
in a separate account with the idea of using the money to begin loan
repayment.  I have run out of money to repay, so keep applying for
income-based repayment, which helps.  In my own situation, I made more pay
without a grad degree.

Sandy