[humanser] volunteer support group leader

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Sun Jan 26 00:00:55 UTC 2014

Ericka,

As for training EMS and such, the NAMI state conference I attended had a
discussion about that, which was lead by a policeman in Framingham, MA.  He
told of getting special training to deal with the mentally in his community.
Recently I became friends with a former state trooper who said when the city
of northampton set up training, they modeled it after the one in Framingham.

 She investigated some 3 thousand sexual abuse cases:  child abuse and abuse
by those caring for disabled who were cognitively impaired.  Then she wrote
a protocol for dealing with the abuse and presented it in various parts of
the country.

Happy shopping!

Sandy