[humanser] volunteers

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 26 00:22:52 UTC 2014

Hi,
Ericka is right. younger people are so hooked to their mobile phones that
they cannot imagine the real human interaction people used to have; rather
than pllaying outside now, kids play on tablets and video games.
Young adults go on social media so much and do not interact as much. no
wonder they feel lonely and feel a need to interact. Its sure a switch!

Sandy, I do think we need  a mix of the human interaction and electronic
communication; its best for our mental health. I agree with you. Besides
there are many benefits to face to face gatherings you do not get in online
meetings; like shaking hands; hugs at a family party, hearing their tone and
expression clearly, sitting beside them to look at mutual items of interest,
or sharing a favorite homemade dish.

I heard social  media will decline though soon as people hav had enough of
it and maybe we will go back to real socializing not social media.
Ashley