[humanser] volunteers

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Fri Jan 31 03:34:24 UTC 2014

Ericka,

I don't think everyone will become rich.  I do not believe that we all can
run businesses.  My dad used to say that Jesus said we would always have the
poor.

 Since I got in to social work, I have become more sensitive to various
other populations of people.  When one explores something like welfare
reform, as I did my first semester, it becomes clear that, though people get
trained and get a job (like certified nurses assistant) they are not much
better economically than then they were on welfare.  The government doesn't
want to pay for training that takes very long, so someone goes through like
an eight course.  Also the money given by the government to individuals has
not risen to what it cost to live today.

Best,

Sandy