[humanser] Importance of Psychology in blindness especiallyfirststages?

Darla J. Rogers via humanser humanser at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 18:42:53 UTC 2014

Dear J.D.,

	While I am not an NFB member, and I think I understand why it has
come to the philosophy of blindness it has, I still believe, if we get down
and dirty in our psyches, we are all adjusting every day, but for many of
us, other blind people and the general public don't see it.

	I think your program was a wonderful thing, and I have the same view
of a psych eval done by a qualified person to make sure there aren't other
mental health issues before and/or coexisting with blindness; that is surely
going to affect how an individual views him or herself and to have a program
to really help with sorting this all out is a wonderful gift tossed away in
the name of money.
Darla