[humanser] Questions

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Mon Jun 23 22:25:13 UTC 2014

We have lots to chat about.  I've been partial all my life but things
changed a little as I"ve aged.   I've been to a center program and can fully
understand not wanting to use the  shades. I did cheat and I'll admit it.
It wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done.  Only too late did I realize
the real purpose for them. It's not just to put everyone on equal footing
but they use the shades to avoid using old ways that sort of work.  Practice
under sleepshades guarantees you learn what's taught since that's the  focus
of being there.  In the end you can do what  tool works best for the
situation .  At the center you are there to learn.  I agree the concept is
terrifying but more because you don't  know what's coming next instead of
what we're used to.  If I could do it over I wouldn't cheat.  What made me
finally stop cheating is the brilliant discovery that " hey, I might lose it
all so I'd better shape up and follow rules".  I would be prepared more than
I am for work and the rest of life.   Wish that realization came sooner, but
it didn't.  Now I'm suffering for it. Hadley saved my butt for some things,
but not everything.  I've improved my braille skills so much but not the
cane and travel skills.  I’m  lost, but I know enough that I won't  trip on
a curb or stairs!

See you soon!

Ericka J. Short

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short