[humanser] career fairs

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Tue Mar 25 22:10:19 UTC 2014

If you can get a list of employers represented in advance, it will
greatly improve your efficiency if you make a list of which ones you
wish to visit before showing up. That way, even if you have to find
tables by asking passers-by for directions, you won't miss a thing
unless you simply run out of time. This, at least, is my experience
with job fares, though the last job fare I attended with the aim of
getting a new job was some 14 years ago. When I walked into the place,
I had a list of company names to look for, based on company
descriptions I found. And I did land a job from that fare, and with
one of the companies I had on my list. I'm still there. :-)

Best of luck to you.