[humanser] pre diabetic problem

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Wed May 7 16:25:20 UTC 2014

I was just diagnosed pre diabetic last month.  Neither the state nor
Medicare will pay for a talking blood glucose monitor or anything else
because of this.  If I were diabetic everything would be covered.  I have
another diagnosis which people are prescribed Metformin for, yet they do not
recognize this as a reason either.  I know I can pay for a monitor on my own
but why should I buy one when diabetic counseling gives sighted people  a
free Prodigy monitor?  The doctor has tried to put in a prior authorization
but  they won't even look at it because I'm not diabetic.  Any ideas?  I
don't know where to get low cost supplies if they don't cover them either.
HELP!  I thought I'd try here first since you seem to have gret connections
and resources.  All the county  office  says is to appeal but if they won't
send a letter to anyone stating they won't cover it, what can we do?  The
doctor is willing to write a letter stating the reasons for things including
my vision requiring a talking monitor but they do not know where to send it.

Anythign you can do is appreciated greatly.

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13
"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short