[humanser] Please Respond

Renee Pavlus renee.pavlus at gmail.com
Tue May 13 06:32:20 UTC 2014

Hello Group:
My name is Renee Pavlus. I have been a member of the NFB for more then
twenty years.  I need some feed-back and assistance.I have recently
completed my graduate courses accept for one at Argosy SLC. I must
work under supervision for 1000 hours before graduating. Originally I
was to graduate this month, but, because of the internship issues I
must complete the 1000 hours, in addition taking the Practicum and two
Internship courses which will relate to the clinical requirements set
by Argosy to graduate to be able to sit for the first licensure
testing. Of course, after graduating I must work for 4000 hours under
CMHC standards to independently license.
I could use some support at this point. The issues involve blindness,
for I am totally blind; I am older, in my late fifties; and have
several other minor disabilities to deal with which will not affect my
ability to work.
I need to connect with a clinitian who has supervised, or who has gone
through supervision who is blind and is using blindness skills to
complete clinical work and other things like paper work, case
conceptualizations, reading files, etc. Learning is wonderful, but
getting in the trenchs is so much more important at this time; along
with connecting with a supportive supervisor. I must complete at least
500 hours direct work with clients, families, or group work within the
supervised program; so I can't take any social service type of
employment at this point and time unless it connects with clinical.  .
If any one has experienced similar issues  or can give me some
concrete answers please contact me by email, or call me (801) 3735028.
I do appreciate any assistance available. I have not connected with
supervision, or a payed position as of today, but am working hard to
do the correct things to secure hours, (payed or non-payed). I did
very well in graduate school; this being my second Masters program,
the first one in the 1990s didn't prepare me to directly license, this
program has been designed specifically to prepare me to take the
license testing (CMHC) after graduating.
Thanks so much. Any support would be so appreciated.
Renee