[humanser] Please Respond

Quinto Sanchez sanchezq at prodigy.net
Tue May 13 16:43:26 UTC 2014

Rene: What JD says is very good information. It is difficult to find an
internship site b/c you have to navigate through accessibility and many
times prejudicial issues. That being said it takes a little longer to find a
site than others without disabilities. However, you can find a site. I
myself was a little creative in finding my site and volunteered at a
non-profit agency that assisted persons with disabilities but, before my
arrival they did not offer therapeutic counseling so it was my own program
and I created my own intake and case notes. Although, since I created my
notes for my own personal use and didn't consider that in real life you have
to write your notes making the case of why the counseling services are
necessary. If your notes aren't written correctly the insurance may decide
that the services are not necessary. the result is that now I lack
confidence and skills to complete the appropriate documentation for the
medical insurance. I tell you this that you may make sure you pick a site
where you are being supervised and instructed on how to write accurate
documentation for insurance purposes.