[humanser] Question regarding reasonable accommodation for reader and scribe

Beth Lpc bethglpc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 01:38:01 UTC 2014

Hi again,

I am still working to find a solution to make the electronic medical software accessible with a screen reader. However, in the meantime, I would like to ask a reasonable accommodation of a reader scribe so that I may start orientation and do my job. I think that makes more sense rather than asking to start orientation two weeks later. It is offered every other week.
My question is is there an average price per hour for the service, and  an average number of hours per week. For example, would eight hours a week make sense or is that too much? I plan to write my notes in word and have someone else scan them in and hope intake staff could read intakes, if that works for the company. That way support staff might be utilized versus hiring someone else. I think I will be starting with DVR in a week, but start employment in two weeks.
Again, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Veth