[humanser] Wishing all of you...

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Tue Dec 22 16:00:19 UTC 2015

Greetings of the season to my Federation family, Human Services division
members, members of this list, and the Board of the division,

As a proud member of the National Federation of the Blind and president of
the Human Services division, I would like to wish you all the joy and love
at this special time of year.  As we all know there are many individuals who
do not have the support of our division and/or organization.  They may be
experiencing fear due to the initial loss of eyesight or experiencing
isolation because they have not yet met someone to guide them in the
knowledge of knowing there are skills to learn to help them "Live the Life
They Want".  They may also be at a point in their lives that they don't even
know what type of life they want to live because they have not met you!

My wish for all of those who have not experienced the love, hope, and
determination of the Federation, is that they are richly blessed by meeting
one of us over the holiday season or in the New Year!

While attending the Education and Development committee meeting on December
20th many things crossed my mind.  The first was pride!  I felt so much
pride for the facilitator as well as the group of members who were on the
teleconference.  This group took time out of their busy lives to discuss and
collaborate on how to help make the lives of blind people better.  While
listening and pondering what was being said I thought about the work that
needs to be done and how we are to effect change for those students,
graduates, and professionals in our diverse group.  This question has
continued to cause me to wonder and although I may not have all the answers
the one answer that resonates loud and clear....the hope lies within you!
Each and every one of us.  Together we are the hope.  The hope to better our
individual lives, the hope to better someone who is just experiencing the
loss of eyesight, the hope of someone who may have been blind for a long
time but has not had the joy of finding the Federation, and the hope that
we, collectively, will extend the hope of change throughout our communities.

Thank you all for your participation, dedication, and devotion to the Human
Services division and the National Federation of the Blind!  With love,
hope, and determination we will live the lives we want!

Love, peace, hope, and joy be yours!

Merry C. Schoch, LCSW

National Federation of the Blind

Human Services Division