[humanser] psychiatric medication question

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:20:35 UTC 2015

Hello,
	We all mean well, but harm can come from many directions.
	Before you tell his mother what you have heard from another source,
you might want to ask your friend in a non-threatening way about his
medication ritual. You may lose a friend if you "tell on him" to his mother
without first verifying that he is truly not taking his medication. Then,
even if he is not taking his medication, it is his choice and his
information to share.
	Even the most brilliant physician would not dispense advice about
someone not his patient to a non-physician about adjusting medications. We
all need to be careful when being asked questions about problems we are not
treating for. That's why malpractice exists..

Michael "Big Dog" Abell