[humanser] Facebook

Merry Schoch MerrySchoch at verizon.net
Sun Jun 21 12:00:50 UTC 2015

Hello Federation Family and interested participants,

If you have not already done so please "like" the Human Services Division's
Facebook page.  The page will become more active as we get closer to
convention.  Currently, we have 158 Likes on the [page.I am impressed.
Please find the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/humanservicesdivision#
<https://www.facebook.com/humanservicesdivision>

Also, I encourage you to call Lisa Irving with your availability to help us
out at the Division's table in the exhibit hall B18.  I realize time at
convention is tight with all the wonderful seminars, meetings, etc.;
however, if you can spare just a bit of time the division will greatly
appreciate it.

I am in hopes of receiving the keychains in the mail soon and a picture will
be posted on Facebook as soon as they arrive!  The keychains will be $10.00.
There is a limited supply.

I am pleased to announce that at our division meeting on July 7th (Tuesday)
, Salon 17, registration 1:00 - 1:50 p.m. meeting begins promptly at 2:00
p.m.  I am happy to announce the scholarship winners,  who are studying to
join us in human service fields, will introduce themselves.  Our national
office's legal department will present on advocating for ourselves for the
accessibility of practice and licensing exams, as well as electronic health
records.  There will be a panel to introduce to you the variety of fields
the division encompasses such as  an interpreter, massage therapist,
physical therapist, music therapist, director of student disabled services
on the University level, school counselor,   life coach, social worker in
peer counseling,  and more!!  This is a great opportunity to learn about
different career paths available as well as to discuss the variety of
blindness skills used in these professions.  Elections will be held for the
following positions:  President, First Vice President, Second Vice
President, Secretary, Treasurer, and two Board positions.  Please come early
and pay your membership dues of $5 00; the earlier you arrive the more time
you will have to network with other members.   All members have the
opportunity to run for any of the positions mentioned above as well as to
vote!  The division is in need of members who are willing to meet once per
month via teleconferencing and to be involved in the initiatives of the
division.  If you are a member and you are not interested in a board
position the division would love your support on one of the many committees
such as the Events, Fundraising, Membership, Policy and Law, and Social
Media committees.

I look forward to seeing you all at convention!  This is surely to be one
for the history books!!

With excitement and anticipation

Merry