[humanser] National Counseling Examination Accommodation

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Tue Mar 3 15:13:05 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the list.  I have a Master's in Psychology with an specialty
in counseling.  I have registered for the National Counseling
Examination (NCE) with the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
and I am waiting to hear from them when I can take the exam.

They told me that since I requested the use of a computer with JAWS to
use my Braille Display and FM System (I am Deaf-Blind) that they will
need to find a University that will allow me to take the exam rather
than the usual sites they have arranged for the tests.

Have anyone had difficulties with getting accommodations for the NCE
examination?

At this point, I am going to have to ask for an extension from the
Maryland Board of Professional Counselor and Therapists (BOPC) who
issued me my eligibility letter for the examination because it expired
in the end of March.

Janice Toothman