[humanser] letting you all know

Dr. Mary Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Wed May 13 03:30:07 UTC 2015

Renee,
During my doctoral internship the university counseling center that was the
primary site of my training-- 40-60 hours per week for the entire academic
year, utilized Titanium for data and administrative processes. The IT
department and Titanium rep worked for the better part of the year to find
accessibility solutions that were never manifest. Ultimately we worked with
alternative methods of scheduling and documentation. Now, this was in
2011-2012 and I expect a lot has changed since then. The Titanium
accessibility issue is another Human Services fight as I am currently aware
of  of 3 private universities and 2 state universities in the DC
metropolitan area, alone, that are bound by that technology and, if it is
still inaccessible, it is much like electronic medical records that present
barriers for those with any form of blindness or print disability. I am
hoping this is not the case.
I welcome any contact off list to discuss the work arounds we devised when I
was in school. I trust that many on the list can offer much more advanced
solutions but, I am available if there is any question.
Best,
Mary Tatum Chappell, Psy. D.