[humanser] best practices

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:21:31 UTC 2015

Lisa, JD is right. One of the best jobs I ever had though part time, was activity assistant at a nursing home.
There are lots of day programs out there for people with Alzheimer's and other dementias. I think you're probably well-qualified for something like that. It may not be well-paying but the experience alone would be worth it. I volunteered on and off for several years in these type of programs. Most of the time they were very welcoming to someone with a disability. I'm talking about the staff. The attendees usually are thrilled to have someone different like they are. They can relate to you more than someone able-bodied.

Don't give up! I've never worked full-time and I mostly volunteered because my seizure meds have been screwed up on and off. I'm in the same place you are. I am looking to get back into the job force. I worked mostly with seniors but I'm looking for a different turn. I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.

Ericka Short
"Friends are like flowers in the garden of life"

Sent from my iPhone