[humanser] Degrees, jobs, and other stuff

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 20:07:57 UTC 2015

Hello,

               I tried to respond to Marisol's string and deleted instead! I
received my undergraduate degree in Sociology. I was aware that I was going
to pursue the graduate degree afterwards. The only job that I have found
that a degree in sociology, psychology, and philosophy is that of comedian!

               The way that VR works is that you need to focus on the job as
the end goal. This means that if you want to end up as a counselor, the
degree to obtain is either LPC or MSW. If it is a life coach, there is
training for that as well. Whatever the career is, the training that gets
you there is what VR would sponsor. All of these professions require very
specific training before an individual can practice.

               If you wish to have VR provide services, you must begin with
the job. The rest is justification. If you do not have Daily Living, O&m,
technology training, and other basic skills, obtaining these would be
helpful in selling your case.

               You may even try the method of having VR take you on as a
client to obtain the basic skills (ADL,O&M, etc.), and then adjust your
goals to the degree.

               Don't let others tell you that you are incapable of
accomplishing anything. We do a good enough job of telling ourselves that as
it is! Listen to the voice that says that you can do it and follow that
conviction. Your membership into the club of life is not theirs to validate!

Regards,

Michael "Big Dog" Abell

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.

(480) 369-0805