[humanser] Pearl camera

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Oct 21 17:40:40 UTC 2015

Hello Dr. Duff,

I'm not sure if you are a screen reader user. Either way I'll do my best to
answer your question. Many blind individuals accomplish work-related tasks
via screen reading software. Two of the screen reading software programs are
Window Eyes and JAWS. Essentially the purpose of this software is to enable
me to do everything that my sighted peers can do.

There's another device called the Pearl camera. I am in the process of
obtaining this equipment. It is my understanding that the camera rapidly
scans and saves print information into a third computer software program
called Open Book. I am confident that you will hear from individuals on the
list who use the Pearl camera.

Have a great day,

Lisa Irving