[humanser] good news: conference materials

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:51:53 UTC 2015

Hello Ginny and all,
	The Pearl camera is a great tool as it is a portable camera that
sets up in a couple of minutes and can be carried in a back pack. It works
with Open book (OCR program) to convert the image of a book, handout, or
letter into text that can be used with Jaws to read the document to you.
Using it is fairly simple and it works great.
	I use it in those cases when I have not asked for materials ahead of
conferences or classes so that I can participate with the rest of the
participants. It is a great tool for translating text into speech.
	The best tool is preparation. If I am planning on attending a
conference, I always ask ahaead of time for the materials in electronic
format. I have found that these documents are always produced in .dox or
.pdf already, so it it easier to get them before the conference begins.
There are few tools that can take the place of preparation.

Regards,

Michael "Big Dog" Abell

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.
(480) 369-0805