[humanser] Off the topic

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon Sep 28 16:35:22 UTC 2015

Judith,

I am not a practitioner. On the other hand, I was a client and the therapist that I work with specialized in EM DR. In my opinion and according to some research this therapeutic modality is highly effective for treating PTSD. This is accomplished in a variety of ways essentially the premise according to Scheffield, the woman who develop this technique both right and left side of the brain is connected to the trauma thus making it easier to process correction, the individual's last name is Shapiro before working with that particular therapist I interviewed a couple of therapists one therapist explained me that she would be tapping the upper portions of my leg specifically my thighs given the particular trauma that I had suffered that was very inappropriate. Other therapeutic modalities are used in conjunction with EM DR that includes cognitive therapy. The therapist help me to replace negative associations with the events.

There are a couple of other ways to make EM DR effective. Some therapists have the client follow their finger. Obviously, this was not possible for me to therapist that I work with used a device that she held onto. I held onto in each hand a pulsating device that was connected to the device I determined the intensity and frequency of the pulsating devices again the basic premise of EM DR us to connect both sides of the brain.

I hope this helped.

From,
Lisa Irving

Sent from my iPhone