[humanser] Electronic health record, streamline

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 17 00:27:28 UTC 2016

Hello,

While I don't know the program I have major difficulties with my employer's
electronic medical records.  They have made compliance by allowing me to
continue my old notes and, if they do as promised, scanning these into the
EMR.

For my hospital's EMR the platform is complex, having been patched together
from several systems.  The JAWS screen reader failed to see various parts of
the screen and a sub-contractor from Blind Services has been in my office
once a week for the past year creating scripts for the Window-Eyes screen
reader.  I don't yet see how the scripted system will be quick and easy to
use, so I'm not wishing it completed.  If it is too cumbersome, I'll
continue to have my paperwork printed out and scanned into the system.

I really hope that your system is easily accessable.  It may be worthwile to
inform your employer that there are places they can go to that will check if
the system is accessable prior to purchasing it.

JD