[humanser] Three months ago I started a new job all employees are required to complete online on board training within 30 days; I have not. My employer has Agnello just they are aware that a number of platforms they use including some for on boardi...

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 20:22:02 UTC 2016

Be My Eyes is a life saver!  I use it more when I'm away at school
without people nearby but it's awesome.  I typically try it with
things that aren't text related or when KNFB Reader is failing to pick
up what I'm trying to read.  Every volunteer I've been connected with
has been nothing but helpful.

I also have a friend who used it recently to fix some weird computer
glitch he was having.  Jaws completely stopped working for him and the
volunteer was able to read his computer screen and guide the mouse so
my friend could click the appropriate things to fix the issue.  Great
for those situations in which the blind person knows what needs to be
done to fix the problem but just needs someone to do the visual leg
work.

On 7/7/16, Lisa Irving via Humanser <humanser at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Thank you Jenny for your awesome ideas! Let me look into the be my eyes
> phone app. Yes many of the forms I use our Hyppa related documents. Also, I
> have to be careful to protect the confidentiality of participants well they
> are in the same physical space that I am in when using my iPhone and the bee
> my eyes phone application
>
> PS, it looks like I put the message in the subject line it wasn't just an
> extended title. LOL.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jul 7, 2016, at 5:28 AM, Christina Moore via Humanser
>> <humanser at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, the be my eyes app is great! I have used it a few times.
>>

>> God bless.--Christina
>>
>>> On Jul 7, 2016, at 08:02, Judyth Leavitt via Humanser
>>> <humanser at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please tell me more about this app.  Thankyou.
>>>
>>> Judyth

>>> it.   Administrators are under pressure to meet certain benchmarks.
> [...]
>>> <humanser at nfbnet.org<mailto:humanser at nfbnet.org>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Two weeks ago my supervisor called me into her office. Essentially she
>>> has
>>> been tasked with reading the tests to me and listening to some of the
>>> audio
>>> information she's also been tasked with filling in my responses. As you
>>> can
>>> imagine this is very time intensive for both of us are schedules
>>> typically
>>> conflict. This leads me to the very uncomfortable part of this message.
>>>
>>> Initially my supervisor started feeling in my responses with her
>>> At that point I had expressed concern and I was met with something to
>>> the
>>> effect of well we just have to get this done last Friday I was scheduled
>>> be off of work however she and I agreed that I would come in to complete
>>> the
>>> on boarding training requirements. For the most part we pretty much set
>>> in
>>> gabbed occasionally she would read and answer and typically she would
>>> complete the response. Again I expressed some concern. Yesterday morning
>>> my
>>> supervisor changed my schedule that is I was scheduled to go into the
>>> community and facilitate a meeting. I was instructed to remain in the
>>> office
>>> in order to complete the on boarding training requirements. My
>>> supervisor
>>> and I have been tasked with completing these requirements by July 8. I
>>> reported to my supervisors office and Lauren learned that she had some
>>> other
>>> things to take care of that point I was instructed to go and work on my
>>> articles so .  I am afraid to ask her if she completed my tests. I don't
>>> number of occasions I expressed fear of doing something wrong and egg
>>> knowledge that I am on the hook for knowing the material. Granted some
>>> of
>>> the information does not apply to us however I value my job and I value
>>> being ethical. I am really in a dilemma. My supervisor assured me there
>>> is
>>> nothing to worry about. Well we all know what rolls downhill and we know
>>> typically who it it's usually not management.
>>>
>>> I am encountering some aspects of my job that whether I like it or not
>>> do
>>> necessitate some sighted assistance. This is very true when it comes to
>>> using the photocopier; oh dread! Furthermore my coworkers will come a
>>> crossed resources and share them with me. These resources are in
>>> hardcopy
>>> and are put in my mailbox as well as the mailboxes of my coworkers.
>>> Often
>>> these resources are picked up at fares and meetings and other places of
>>> interest. Additionally, well there are some portions of paperwork that I
>>> can
>>> complete. I have subsequently learned that a couple of forms have very
>>> faded
>>> print that his boxes that we are supposed to check off needless to say

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/humanser_nfbnet.org/gduff%40stjoestoronto.

--
Kaiti Shelton