[humanser] your help with cultural competence about blind individuals living with mental illness

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Jun 15 02:18:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am working to increase access to public mental health services for blind
individuals living with mental illness. I am requesting your help. This
information will be incrementally shared with one or more HHSA public mental
health contract managers. In turn, one or more of these managers have agreed
to address the need to increase understanding about blindness in the form of
cultural competence.

I have what I hope is the first of many meetings beginning this Friday. I
would like to provide a one-page information sheet. I hope to include some
statistics as well as a few real life examples of barriers; tangible ones
such as lack of online accessibility, stigmatizing statements or outright
denial of mental health related service(s).

Please include the following information: your first name; name of the
public mental health organization and the issue. This information will
become public. Please send your responses off-list to lirving1117 at cox.net
<mailto:lirving1117 at cox.net> .

Thank you for helping to make a difference in the lives of blind
individuals.

Thoughtfully,

Lisa Irving